Is This a Funk?



I don't know what's going on with me. I am not unhappy. I'm not upset about anything. But I do feel so very tired.

It may, honestly, be that this past week has been more wintery. Although it has not been particularly cold, the sky has been a bit more overcast. I have a history of Seasonal Affective Disorder, but typically it hits more severe than just feeling uninterested.

I'm still doing things. I'm staying busy. I'm just not as interested in my favorite things right now. I cannot remember the last book that I read and enjoyed. For me, this is a big deal. In fact, I've only finished one book so far this year. Some of you may know that I have been known to finish a book in a day's time. I love to read. I thought that maybe it was just the books I was choosing. But nothing is sticking. I just don't care what happens on the next page.

This all may seem very silly. I'm not depressed. I'm not sad. I'm just feeling a little off. I'd like to take a week long nap and wake up renewed once again. I guess I'm just at a point where I don't know whether to keep pushing through it and keep doing the things I normally love, or if I should listen to my body and just take a break from everything until I feel more alive.

I think for tonight, at 8:30, I'm going to listen to my body and go to bed early. Tomorrow is a new day.