This is Not My Story



I've been struggling with my internal monologue lately. There are days that I cannot see past what's right in front of me. Being so focused on the here and now, it's difficult to see the point; my purpose.

I repeat over and over to myself, is this all that I am? Is this all I will ever be? Is this my life story? How will I be remembered when I am gone? More importantly, will I be remembered at all?

I don't have the answers. I don't know how long I have on this earth to make a difference. Maybe I'll live to be 80 or maybe these moments are my last. It is not for me to know. What I do know, is no matter how many moments I have left, they will matter. My story does not conclude with "And so she coped the best she could with her past until the end of her days." This story is not about me at all. This is not my story.

If I can make you smile, just once...
If I can hold your hand and help you through a difficult time, just once...
If I can make you feel important, just once...
If I can ease your burden, just once...
If I can make your day a little easier, just once...

It's all worth it.